One-to-One English Lessons in London: Steve's first haiku (the not very good one)

I've been teaching English for more than fifteen years, in England, Holland, Portugal and Japan.

I've taught people from all over the world - Korea, China, Brazil, Argentina, Finland, France, Italy, Russia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Jordan..... it's a very long list!! So if for any reason you're in London and need English, contact me. I can help you!


Tuesday 19 February 2008

Steve's first haiku (the not very good one)

So, I sat in the park in Mejiro for an hour, one day last June, trying to learn Hiragana. It was a beautiful sunny day (but not too hot) Strangely, nobody else was sitting where I was sitting -near the water. As I left the park, I started to itch. By the time I got home for my next lesson, my arms looked like red base-ball bats. As I desperately headed for the local chemist's, these words entered my head:

Itaii desu.
Teien no ka wa
Shizuka desu

いたいです 
ていえんのかは 
しずかです
I think it loses a little in translation:

Ow! That hurts.
The mosquitos in the park
Are silent

Did Basho get his inspiration in the same way? I guess we'll never know.

********************
Make My Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute one


-Writer